Archive for February 25th, 2009
Well, I’m going with what people voted for that I give up for Lent. AS LONG AS I CAN. I’m a pretty clean cut dude, so this won’t be easy. But I will be adding a few other challenges to the list to fall back on, because I’m realistic about this haircut/shaving thing. Anyway, here is my list for Lent 2009. Gonna be a good Catholic…
- No haircuts or shaving. This is what was voted on. I will do my best, but I wouldn’t bet on me.
- No eating out. I may actually starve to death. This will force me into learning how to cook.
- No sarcasm. I will break this one within the hour.
- No red meat. I’ve done this a couple of times and it has gotten more difficult. But it has lowered my cholesterol.
- No sweet tea. Oh the humanity!!!
- Fasting after sundown. Hakeem Olajuwon did this one year. I figure if a world class athlete is capable, why not me?
I look at this list and see that most of the stuff that people sacrifice, including myself, have to do with eating. I bet they don’t do that in other parts of the world. Only in America. But, hey, what can you do?
So it begins today. Wish me luck. Say a little prayer for me. And if I start looking pretty scruffy, don’t call the cops claiming you saw a terrorist. Wait. Was that politically incorrect? Maybe I will give that up next year.